We live in a world of instant gratification, electronics, and a society that promotes “I will sleep when I’m dead!”
No wonder more than 85% of teenagers in North America are getting less than the recommended 9 hours of sleep each night!
Yes that is correct! Teenagers require 9 hours of sleep each night. It isn’t because they are lazy. Their brains are growing at a rapid rate and they need lots of sleep to help them file information and support their mental and physical growth.
The root of a teenager’s sleep issues can be anything from stress, poor nutrition, vitamin deficiency, and trauma, to over scheduling, electronics, sleep phase delay, and inconsistent sleep times.
These issues can all be managed non-medically by examining the root of the sleep issues and creating a plan that supports their unique sleep needs and still allows them the freedom to do the things they want to do.
Adolescent Sleep Consultation Packages
Three weeks is the minimum amount of time it takes to adjust to changes to your sleep. All child sleep packages start with a three-week support plan.
Our sleep consultation packages are available based on the age of your child – use the options below to determine the best package for you.
Adolescent Sleep Package
(13 - 19 years)
Double Dream Package
(twins / multiple children, all ages)
Slumber Party Package
(all ages, babies - adults)
Adolescent Sleep Package (13 – 19 years)
This package includes:
- A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together.)
- A private, 90 minute consultation where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems, and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, night wakings, or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan that I will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
- Four follow-up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls typically last about 15 minutes, and we’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of unlimited e-mail support. After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of unlimited e-mail support. I’ll give you my private e-mail address so that you can send me any questions that come up, and I’ll respond to your e-mails within one business day.
Double Dream Package (twins/multiple children, all ages)
Having one child who doesn’t sleep can be exhausting. Having more than one child not sleeping can be unimaginable. Sleep Wise has a solution for you! We’ve helped many families with multiples develop healthy sleep skills.
You will receive everything that is included in the Full Consultation Package you choose (a customized sleep plan for each child) PLUS an extra week of email support.
Slumber Party Package (all ages, babies to adults)
$99 per attendee
Hosting a Slumber Party is a great way to solve the sleep issues of not only your child, but your friends’ children too!
If you have 4 or more friends also looking to solve their child’s sleep problems, you can book a Slumber Party and you will receive your sleep plan for FREE!
You’ll get to share experiences with other parents who are facing some of the same challenges as you… and receive a personalized sleep plan that will give your child the tools needed to finally start sleeping through the night (and taking long, restful naps during the day.)
You and your slumber party guests will have support from sleep expert Jillian Dowling, as well as support from each other as you work through the program at the same time.
During the Slumber Party, we’ll discuss:
- the special sleep needs of infants and toddlers;
- what the leading sleep experts are saying;
- the negative effects of disruptive sleep habits on your family — and how to fix them;
- how to establish a fun and practical bedtime routine for your child;
- common pitfalls & problems… and how to avoid them
- how much sleep your child needs during the daytime and planning a nap time schedule.
This information and the materials provided will aid in creating your own child’s personalized sleep plan, with the guidance of a sleep expert.
All Slumber Party clients will receive one phone call and one personal email/text support follow-up with me.
The slumber party is a way to access sleep expertise at an economical rate, while having support of friends and fellow parents.
Refresher Package (all ages)
This package is ideal for parents who have met with me in the past, but are looking for a “refresher” as their child grows through the different stages of their life. This package includes:
- A private, 60-minute consultation to discuss current challenges you might be having with your child. Since we’ve already worked together, preliminary work has been done and we can get right down to solving your sleep concerns.
- Follow-up support during the first week following the consultation, through email/text and telephone. The follow-up support call will last 15 minutes and will address any issues and questions.