We live in a world of instant gratification, electronics, and a society that promotes “I will sleep when I’m dead!”
No wonder more than 85% of teenagers in North America are getting less than the recommended 9 hours of sleep each night!
Yes that is correct! Teenagers require 9 hours of sleep each night. It isn’t because they are lazy. Their brains are growing at a rapid rate and they need lots of sleep to help them file information and support their mental and physical growth.
The root of a teenager’s sleep issues can be anything from stress, poor nutrition, vitamin deficiency, and trauma, to over scheduling, electronics, sleep phase delay, and inconsistent sleep times.
These issues can all be managed non-medically by examining the root of the sleep issues and creating a plan that supports their unique sleep needs and still allows them the freedom to do the things they want to do.
Adolescent Sleep Package (13 – 19 years) – $375
This package includes:
- A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together.)
- A private, 90 minute consultation where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems, and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, nightwakings, or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan that I will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
- Four follow-up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls typically last about 15 minutes, and we’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of unlimited e-mail support. After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of unlimited e-mail support. I’ll give you my private e-mail address, so that you can send me any questions that come up, and I’ll respond to your e-mails within one business day.